Stephen King’s fictional novel, Christine, was completed in 1982. John Carpenter’s movie, based on King’s book, followed in 1983. The model is strictly a movie car fabrication. It’s not really a ’58 Fury, it is Christine and she’s hot!
The shape and stance of this model has been scaled exquisitely. You would never guess that it can be destroyed and bounce right back. The entire car had a crumple zone. But in 1:24th Christine is pristine. DM did its normal magic on the paint application. All surfaces are bright and glossy. The fit of hood, trunk and doors are excellent and all the trim, which is considerable on this model, line up straight and true. The emblems and ‘Plymouth’ script on the trunk, the door and trunk lock buttons and front fender ‘gun sights’ all lend proper authentication. So, too, does the photo-etch air vent under the wipers and the silver anodized side insert panels.
Inside the trunk, we find a removable spare and a jack and tie tool. The upper inside trunk lid is painted in the correct contrasting darker red tone. The fuel filler door opens. In the interior, we see that same type of contrast. The seats are red with darker patterned insets. The door panels receive the same touch. The dash and floor pedals, including the dimmer switch, were given a healthy dose of detailing. The suspension is operational. The chassis detailing includes torsion bar suspension, transmission lines and you’ll even find an electrical wire running to the backup lights in the rear bumper.
Under the hood is every teen boy’s dream. Arnie Cunningham was no exception. Christine’s motor sports twin quad carbs and enough plumbing and wiring to bring her back to life time after time.
I suppose you could consider this release as a little whimsical, especially if you enjoyed the book, movie or both. But even if you just like Mopars or the fabrication excellence that DM brings to the table, this 50’s muscle car is definitely hot stuff!
This comes to you mint and complete with all original packaging.
Terms and Conditions of Argon Empire:
1. We only ship to addresses in the continental United States. No international buyers.
2. We accept instant payments through PayPal. All instant payment orders will be shipped out the next business day.
3. Prices are negotiable, all reasonable offers or trades will be considered. Email offers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. All orders will be shipped via USPS 3day priority and fully insured unless stated in the listing. FREE SHIPPING orders ship via USPS non-priority with delivery confirmation. No exceptions. Our shipping department packs all of our products carefully to insure safe delivery to you.
5. We may combine shipping for multiple item purchases. If you are ordering more than one item and wish to combine shipping, contact us BEFORE payment via email email@example.com.
6. All sales are final. Please ask all questions on any product before purchase.